These measures were announced on Prinsjesdag 2018 (Budget Day) and are, of course, subject to their passing through the Upper and Lower Houses of Parliament, as is the date of introduction.
If you want to receive the latest news, please subscribe to our newsletter and receive the HR news to your inbox: Click here to subscribe
If the company has a Collective Labour Agreement, it could be possible to deviate from this ruling - however the holiday allowance percentage can never be lower than 8%, higher is possible. The pay out of the holiday allowance to the employee has to processed by law minimal 1 time a year. For more information: Visit the Compensation page
2. Health & Safety: Emergency Assistance - BHV. The Working Conditions Act obliges the employer to seek assistance of employee or employees in the building who have been designated as Emergency Response Officers (EROs).
3. Health & Safety: Risk, Inventory & Evaluation (RI&E). The Working Conditions Act also requires every employer to conduct a health and safety policy aimed to an optimal working condition for employees. Providing a safe and healthy workplace starts with getting an understanding of the risks. A Risk Inventory & Evaluation (RI&E) enables to improve working conditions.
4. Health & Safety Office Supplies. The office materials – e.g. desks and chairs need to follow a European standard and a Dutch ergonomic standard. The Netherlands ergonomic standards – of e.g. how the desk and chairs need to be vary in heights etc. is called in Dutch ARBO normen.
5. Health & Safety Building requirements. Of course, the building has to have the right requirements as of emergences and fires by law. E.g. building floor plans, emergency plans etc. Rules by law have to be set in place and there are a lot of external party vendors who can support in this matter.
6. Health & Safety Prevention Officer. The employer also has to appoint a Health & Safety Prevention Officer – responsible for health & safety in the office.
7. Health & Safety - QHSE Manager. In addition the company also can appoint a QHSE manager - Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Manager.
Besides the rulings of the company, the Working Hours Act has to be respective in this matter. These rulings are made by the government and are for all employers in the Netherlands. In summary, the first step is, find all the information/policy of your company in regard to working in the weekends, cause that is the first step on knowing what you have been agreed upon when signing your employment contract.
- Growth & Empowerment: Business success will occur by growing and empowering HR professionals. This platform is about engaging decision-makers, business owners and HR professionals by enabling interaction through information to influence and advance the HR profession in The Netherlands at an international level.
- New HR Ways of Working: The foundation for this platform is today’s economy and the new generation of employees forcing HR to develop new ways of working. This will include HR Operating and Service Delivery Models. The renewed HR way of working will create more fulfilment, time, revenue, profit and is based upon 2 elements: We stand for Simplicity and We focus on Human Capital.
- One single HR NL Hub: Providing one single HR platform for tools, advice and services in the Netherlands. To been seen as the HR NL Hub to go to for Human Resources information when employing staff in The Netherlands. Our main goal is to support organisations and professionals through best HR NL practises, services and partnership. The information provided is for free and by giving to the HR community we will receive.